Your eye examination will be tailored to your individual
requirements and will take approximately 25 minutes and will be
carried out by one of our qualified Optometrists who will be pleased
to answer any questions that you might have.
At the start
of the examination the
discuss with you: -
• Any concerns that you may have concerning your eyes
or your vision.
• Any symptoms that you are having.
• Your visual needs in relation to Work, Hobbies,
During the examination the Optometrist will determine the general
condition of your eyes.
A full range
of tests and procedures will be carried out which will include:-
• The examination of both the interior and exterior of
the eye and the lids.
• If you are over the age of 40 the pressure inside the
eye will be measured.
• Where necessary your field of vision will be assessed.
•Your standard of vision both without spectacles and with
any existing spectacles will be measured.
•Using a combination of instruments and lenses we will determine
if an optical correction is required.
•This result will be refined by asking you which lenses give
you the best standard of vision.
•The way in which your eyes work together will be assessed.
the end of the examination when all the relevant tests have been
completed the Optometrist will: -
• Explain the results of the examination and advise you
on whether or not a new or changed prescription is required.
• Advise you on appropriate spectacle and contact lenses
for your individual requirements
• Recommend when you should have your next examination
•Answer any questions you may have
•Issue you with a prescription for spectacles if these are
care does not finish at the end of the eye examination:-
• Following your eye examination one of our Dispensing
Assistant will advise you on the various ways we can satisfy your
optical requirements according to you lifestyle. This will include
different designs of spectacle lenses, frames and sunglasses.
• If at any time you have concerns about your eyes or
your vision our professional staff will be pleased to give you the